Monday, December 26, 2011

9 days

Nine days to go until I leave on the greatest adventure of my life thus far. My one plan for this next year, is to get onto that plane on January 4th at the STL Lambert Airport. From there, I will fly to Chicago, Hong Kong then to my final destination of Perth, Western Australia. From there, I will be joining YWAM for the next six months of my life. I will be in Perth for the first three months doing a lecture phase, then the next three on outreach to London and other places of which I do not know yet.

I have wanted to go on my own YWAM DTS for a long time now. I can just hardly believe it's finally here. Only 9 days!! WHAT?!? I can't believe that next week I'll be in Aussie land..that just doesn't even seem possible.

There is so much to do before then, however. I have a LOT of laundry to do, and a LOT of packing. My room is a complete disaster at the moment, lots of craziness. Lots of people to see, lots of time I want to spend with my partents and close friends. Where do I begin? AHH! So. Much.

Besides feeling slightly overwhelmed, I'm doing good. It just doesn't seem real that I'm leaving for sure so soon. I still feel like I have a couple of months to go. It's still a great treasure, however. I'm not even sure exactly how to explain it. My mind is just a blank. A good blank. A happy vision of white with fadings ins and outs on the present and the future.

Oh the future...something else I can hardly even begin to think about. People ask me what I'm doing for the next few years of my life, and I draw a blank. I laugh, shrug my shoulders, and say "Well, I have absolutely NO idea!" Then I continue to giggle a little laugh as I realize exactly how true that is. I litterally have no plans! Both very exciting, just knowing that whatever comes, it will be like a mini surprise party from God. On the other hand, it's a little scary. As other people always have these big plans and such, and then there's me....having no idea...just looking a things as a great adenture.

Life is an adventure. Take hold and join the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment