Thursday, November 17, 2011

The LORD is my Shepard, I lack nothing.

Alone I am weak.

I can do hardly anything. As exquisite as our human bodies are, we are still so set back. There is only so much we can do. I can only lift so much weight, I can only handle so much stress, I can only do so much. I am a kind of person that can be very shy, timid and quiet. I don't like these things about myself, but most often they are true.

Alone I am poor in faith

Some people think that I have great faith. I do not see this as true. Many times in a day I fail. I fall into disbelief with everything. I have disbelief in my God, in me, in my friends and family.I fall and it is a huge struggle every day to just simply have faith. To have hope.

Alone I am powerless

As human beings, we do have the most authority. We rule the land. We are the kings of this earth. We are on the top of the food chain, we control the animals, the fields, the grass, the water. We in a since are powerful creations. But when I am alone, I am powerless. I am so restricted to what exactly I can do. Like how I am weak, I am powerless. I can't control the wind. I can't control the seas, I can't move mountains. I can do close to nothing alone. By my own power.

The Good News is this:

I am made NEW with the One who is STRONG and MIGHTY

My God is STRONG. And He sees beauty in my weakness.

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor. 12: 9-10 He makes me strong. He uses my weakness to show His glory. How awesome is that?

"Finally, be strong in the LORD and in the strength of His Might" Ephesians 6:10

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

I am made NEW with the One who is RICH WITH LOVE AND KINDNESS

My God is gracious. He builds in me faith. He helps me overcome my disbelief so that I can have faith.

"'If you can'? said Jesus. 'Everything is possible to him who believes.' Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, 'I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!'" Mark 9: 23-24

"For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge" 2 Peter 1:5

"But God, being rich in mercy, beacuse of the gret love with which he loved us, even when we wre dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ- by grace you have been saved" Ephesians 2: 4-5

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those wh love him and keep his commandments, to a thusand generations" Deuteronomy 7:9

"But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and aounding in steadfast love and faithfulness." Psalm 86:15  

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7


I am made NEW with the One who is ALL POWERFUL

He is Powerful. He created everything. The heavens and the earth cannot even contain Him. He controls everything. I directs the winds, tells the seas where to lay, and directs the trees and plants. He is everything. The great "I Am". Even in His Name there is power!

"For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God." 2 Corinthians 13:4

"the Lord your God is with you, He is Mighty to save..He takes great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

"But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible'." Mathew 19:26


Alone I am weak, poor in faith, and I am powerless. But I am made new with the One who is Strong and Mighty, rich with Love and Kindness, and who is all powerful. It's in Him that I find rest. It's in Him that I'm made whole.

"It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about himself."
John Piper


No comments:

Post a Comment